antibiotics online

antibiotics online
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Mode
So I am aware you can activate Expert Mode on your first playthrough. I have heard it described as a mid point between Normal and EX Hard.

What does it do, exactly, though? I've seen various descriptions that are a bit vague.
I'd like to know as well. The two things I read is that the enemy starts with 5 upgrades in all their stats but the SR point is changed to just winning the stage without a game over. No turn restrictions or "kill boss before he runs below certain HP point" would make a few stages easier, despite the enemy buffs, I'd think.
[Image: DragenGD.png]
(04-21-2018, 12:36 AM)Stripe Wrote: I'd like to know as well. The two things I read is that the enemy starts with 5 upgrades in all their stats but the SR point is changed to just winning the stage without a game over. No turn restrictions or "kill boss before he runs below certain HP point" would make a few stages easier, despite the enemy buffs, I'd think.

Yeah that's exactly like that : ennemies start with more upgrades (some Boss also have Full upgrade bonus activated sometimes), no Skill Point meaning you don't have to rush or defend some dumb suicidal AI, etc, and can focus on your strategy (survive !). Most grunts evade really well and are very accurate, with 1 hit putting you very low on life.
If you don't upgrade anything, yeah that's close to EX-Hard indeed.

It's definitely a nice addition, after SRT V, really easy, and that's coming from someone that did its 1st run as a no upgrade run. Finally some challenge for those who need some Smile
That is interesting. It's pretty weird it would actually take away the skill point objectives...are veterans sick of them...? But I mean, if it balances out with being more of a straight forward challenge, I suppose it makes sense.

Is there an exact point by point anywhere of what it adds and takes away, though? What is meant by not getting a game over by the way, just...not losing the stage completely? Or can't lose any units? Can't save? I sure hope it's not no saving...
Game Over on a stage is usually attained if one of your battleships is destroyed or a particular unit that's important to the story on that stage. Generally you can then replay that stage with the xp and money you earned from it, but that's always disabled the ability to earn the SR point for that stage. I've never used that for grinding since I'm a stickler for getting the SR points. Since you don't have to clear games in under 250 total turns for best endings anymore, it's not like they're hard. ^^
[Image: DragenGD.png]