antibiotics online

antibiotics online
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The PlayStation Vita Thread
Welcome to the PlayStation Vita Thread, the place where we can discuss Sony's high-powered (but is supposed to be kinda dying) handheld. Anyone is free to post whatever their opinion or news or anything about the Vita here.

[Image: persona-vitasarr3.jpg]
Yeah, the Vita used to be called "Persona 4 Machine"

Released on Dec 17, 2011 (JP)/Feb 15, 2012 (USA), Sony's beautiful PlayStation Vita was a sight to behold. It had AAA titles at the beginning of its life, but ever since the invasion of cheap mobile gaming platform known as the iOS and Android, this system has received less and less support from top third party like Ubisoft or Activision, and even from Sony themselves.

Nowadays, since Sony and big third party no longer develop games for the Vita, it lives on small indie games, lots of them. But not everything is lost, because there are some third party still faithful on releasing games for the Vita, such as Tecmo Koei, Atlus, XSEED Games, NISA, and Compile Heart, among many others.

What it comes down is, basically if you're looking for playing AAA games on the go, then no, the Vita no longer has such things. It did have some though, like the arguably the best looking Vita game, Killzone Mercenary,  Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed: Liberation (which has been ported to consoles), or Sony's personal Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

But, while the Vita does work as indie games machine, why would you buy indies in the Vita when Steam sold them much cheaper?

[Image: vita-gamesexuna.jpg]
Vita is officially the Atlus/XSEED/NISA platform now.

I'd say, if you're looking to play niche Japanese titles on the go such as Disgaea, Muramasa, Danganronpa, or my personal favorite, Persona 4: Golden, look no further. The Vita has now officially become the platform for those niche Japanese titles.

People kept saying that PlayStation Vita is dead. That is not the case. While Sony did kinda sweep the Vita under the rug, there are tons of games still coming to it. In fact, just yesterday, 2K Games released XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus (albeit stealthily), even recently, Tecmo Koei released Samurai Warriors 4: Empires and will launch Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus later this week.

So if you have something to say about your experience with the PlayStation Vita, please do share it here.
You can even share about what games to look for, and what games to avoid. Big Grin
(Personally, I avoid Reality Fighters)
I'd say only westerners believe the Vita is dead. I recently just picked up a vita myself since school has taken a lot of gaming time away from my PS3 and I wasn't in the mood to play any 3DS game in particular. Now I'm just waiting on Gundam Breaker 3 (Asia Ver.) and a release date on the Gundam G Gen game.
SRW X-Omega Friend ID: 169670030

It's not that we believe it's dead; it's that Sony not so explicitly said it is and now they've killed off VTV :p. They've shifted to fully supporting PS4 because it's considerably more popular.

I've got a 1K Vita, a VTV, and a sealed backup VTV. I plan on getting a 2K at some point, probably in the next few months, and stocking up on VTVs if anywhere drops them to $20 again. Have you played Estival Versus yet, Andy?
(03-23-2016, 09:47 PM)Lord of Pirates Wrote: I've got a 1K Vita, a VTV, and a sealed backup VTV. I plan on getting a 2K at some point, probably in the next few months, and stocking up on VTVs if anywhere drops them to $20 again. Have you played Estival Versus yet, Andy?

Not yet (eventhough I got the game already). I need to clear some of my backlogs first. It's a tedious process, but I want the trophy for reaching Neptral Tower with all characters in Neptunia U. Everybody's up to floor 30 now. 20 more to go.

You want impression, Lord of Pirates?   I don't think it's going to be much different than Shinovi Versus, but we'll see. Rolleyes

Ah yes, Sony did sort of kills Vita off only in the US. Vita lives in Japan with those weird games, some of which managed to reach US shore. I'm just hoping it does not live off Otome games like PSP in Japan. Big Grin
This system is forever associated with a particular memory to me - one day, I ask a friend of mine if he'd played anything new on his Vita. He looks at me funny, and I go to find his Vita...which is sitting, out in the open, caked in dust. Like super thick dust. He'd forgotten about it so hard, he even forgot to put it away!

Buuut, still, this is going to have Shiren the Wanderer 5 in English this summerrrrr....

Also, isn't this now very soon going to be the only (legal) way to play Super Robot Wars OE?
(03-24-2016, 05:33 AM)Kicksville Wrote: This system is forever associated with a particular memory to me - one day, I ask a friend of mine if he'd played anything new on his Vita. He looks at me funny, and I go to find his Vita...which is sitting, out in the open, caked in dust. Like super thick dust. He'd forgotten about it so hard, he even forgot to put it away!

Buuut, still, this is going to have Shiren the Wanderer 5 in English this summerrrrr....

Also, isn't this now very soon going to be the only (legal) way to play Super Robot Wars OE?

If you have setup a japanese account on your Vita, yeah. Provided it's Vita compatible, and available to buy. It's not available to buy in my HK account, however.

I personally wait for God Eater 2: Rage Burst, Stranger of the Sword City, and Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight (hoping for physical English release). For now.
So according to a report from Tweakers via NeoGAF, Sony has stopped shipping Vita systems to the Netherlands. That means, no more new Vita in that country.

I wonder if it's running out of stock somewhere else in the world. It's still available in my local shops, as they have a dedicated Vita corner. The one they're phasing out is PlayStation 3, I can barely get any game there.

It's not official from Sony, though. Sony only said "Nothing to say" about the Vita at the moment.
That said, Sony really mishandled this piece of machine.
Like losing Monster Hunter and tried to compensate with a bunch of MH Clones like Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden, and Sony's own Freedom Wars (I like it, btw).
Been trying to copy my data from the Vita to the PC and the damn Content Manager kept getting stuck while copying, forcing me to restart the Vita. Seems some people have this kind of problem.
It was fine in the beginning, like "5 minutes left", then suddenly it shot up to 480 minutes left. Cancelling the copy process left me with "Please wait" forever. I had to hard reset.

I hate the content manager.

Edit: Connecting the Vita via WiFi instead of the USB works better. Dunno why. It still takes like half hour to copy off 3 gb to my PC tho.
Yomawari: Night Alone will be coming to PS Vita in English on October 25th.
The great thing about this is, there's a physical edition, and the physical edition will contain htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary as a bonus in-cart.  That means, it's a two-in-one game!

[Image: ymw-3d-nisaexclusive.jpg]
Sold here: http://store.nisamerica.com/yomawari-nig...ry-ps-vita
or : http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...k20241-20/

The bad thing about it is that the physical edition is Limited Edition only. So the price is $60, but you get all those cool stuffs plus htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary. I haven't bought htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary because I am more interested in the next game, Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight:
>A Vita thread

This made my day.