antibiotics online

antibiotics online
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yoshiyuki Tomino General Thread
Yoshiyuki Tomino On 'Gundam', Newtypes And The Perilous Future Facing Humanity

Seems that there is a G-Reco Movie in the work.
G-Reco movie was announced as a 1 movie compilation of the show a couple of months ago, if it does well enough (highly doubt that) then there might be another or new material for G-Reco.
There is another Fantasy project that Sunrise green lit for Tomino that went under the radar.
I remember him saying that he needs a couple of years working on it.

Also there is that Hollywood project he keep overshadowing in every interview.
Sometimes these projects just don't end up happening or end up in development hell, G-Reco's ending and reputation probably didn't help things either.

Cause there was a project announced a LONG time ago, about 5 or 6 years ago called Senki Legacy or something similar to that, I'm guessing it ended up being G-Reco.
(03-19-2017, 02:12 AM)yazi Wrote: Sometimes these projects just don't end up happening or end up in development hell, G-Reco's ending and reputation probably didn't help things either.

Cause there was a project announced a LONG time ago, about 5 or 6 years ago called Senki Legacy or something similar to that, I'm guessing it ended up being G-Reco.

Keep in mind the Japanese are neither as vindicative as Hollywood is regarding media, so as long Tomino doesn't get in a serious legal problem, he shouldn't had any problem. Otherwise, that G-Reco movie couldn't have been greenlighted in first place.
Its not a legal problem I meant. Sunrise/Bandai placed a lot of faith in Tomino and give him a lot of control, G-Reco did not meet expectations, while it started off good its ratings slipped and the model kits did mediocre. Plus there were supposed rumors of production problems with G-Reco with Tomino. I was in no way comparing anime production from Japan to Hollywood stuff.

Movie compilations of Gundam isn't that hard to greenlight, its a common thing with almost all Gundam shows since Turn A. Its to cash in on model kits and pretty much the last time to promote G-Reco material, and given its only 1 movie there isn't much faith in this project. Its mostly recycled footage with a few new things thrown in and usually badly edited. Gundam Age Memory of Eden was the same way. Seed, Destiny, and 00 all got atleast 3 compilations with Destiny getting 4. 1 is not a good number, especially if its cramming in a 25 ep show like G-reco.
Another example is the Unicorn TV version RE:96, that was a last minute project that was green-lighted to replace a cancelled anime during that season. It was also pretty much the exact same thing as the OVAs with some choppy editing and pacing along with a few extended scenes as filler and new music.
The last reliable, official-ish mention I'm aware of on the status of either Tomino's Hollywood project or a possible new fantasy anime are from this news on a G-Reco guidebook interview. This was from September 2015, well before the G-Reco movie was confirmed. To quote the relevant bit:

Quote:Gundam anime creator Yoshiyuki Tomino stated in the Gundam G no Reconguista Official Guidebook that Gakkan Publishing released on Wednesday that he is considering making his Hollywood project in Tokyo instead since he noted that "it seems like Sunrise will let me try to make a robot project that is slightly more fantasy." He also stated that he would still use traditional hand-drawn animation for the project.

The thing about that is, uhhh...it sure seems to suggest that perhaps the Hollywood project isn't going well? It's not much to go on either way though, so at the end of the day, we won't really know for sure what's happening until something actually happens.

(03-19-2017, 05:52 AM)yazi Wrote: Its not a legal problem I meant. Sunrise/Bandai placed a lot of faith in Tomino and give him a lot of control, G-Reco did not meet expectations, while it started off good its ratings slipped and the model kits did mediocre. Plus there were supposed rumors of production problems with G-Reco with Tomino. I was in no way comparing anime production from Japan to Hollywood stuff.

I hope you don't take this personally, and I do not intend this in a mean sense (really, I love all you folks sticking around on this board after all this time), but I do have to say: I am very tired of people saying stuff about expectations, ratings, sales figures, etc, seemingly based on nothing. What sales figures? What ratings? Relative to what? Do any of us know what Sunrise expected? Etc, etc. I am not against some degree of speculation - see what I said above about his other two projects - but it has to be based on something, right? What "supposed rumors of production problems" are you talking about? Is this just based on Tomino being hard on himself in interviews, as he always is, or what?

Like, at the end of the day, I also don't mean "I liked G-Reco, therefore G-Reco must've been a success and anything to the contrary is lying!!!" - it's just, this keeps happening, whether it's G-Reco or anything else, that people quote these statistics from out of nowhere like we're all supposed to not only know them and where they're from, but also know what they mean. I suppose this has a lot to do with English speaking Gundam fandom being as fractured as it is, resource wise. But like...it's frustrating, you know?
I don't take it personally at all, its all good.

Part of what I said was based on what happened with Gundam Age and I'm using it as a reference for G-Reco for the complilation. I believe I did read somewhere that Tomino said he hoped it did well to get another movie compilation. Now while that can mean a couple of things, the fact that its only a single movie announced rather than being a multiple one I'm assuming Sunrise/Bandai doesn't have much faith in it.

I don't have any links and I do apologize if it sounds like I'm talking out of my ass. You might be able to find some info somewhere online about the sales and home release numbers. There are sales figures out there and I do remember reading about them, but around halfway through the show its numbers were slipping.

As for the model kits, I talk to hardcore model kit fans and from what I'm hearing and seeing, they are doing ok but there doesn't seem to be much buzz or hype for the kits, that's the interest I'm talking about. I'm also not seeing much cross promotion for other Gundam products with G-Reco aside from the secrets in G-Gen Genesis.

Update: Here is a article about the annoucnement of the G-Reco movie compilation http://d.hatena.ne.jp/char_blog/20160417/ from about a year ago. If you know Deacon Blues who does reliable translations for Gundam stuff, it said that Tomino hoped this movie does well enough for more compilations so he can do more for G-Reco. I'm using this as a reference that Sunrise doesn't have much faith in G-Reco to make multiple movies to start with, when a project is greenlighted, it doesn't usually have extensions unless its popular or they need more time/resources for popular productions, that is something we've seen in anime so far.

Like I said in my previous post, Gundam Seed, Destiny and 00 had multiple compilations, Age was a bomb that the network that aired stopped airing Gundam shows and the following Gundam shows had to air on a different network. Aside from Build Fighters that was made to be a shounen type of show and had a 25 ep sequel with Try, G-Reco only had 26 episodes and for a tv show that is short for a regular Gundam show. I'm basing this on previous Gundam shows and the pattern we have seen so far for a standard Gundam show, 2nd seasons since 00 are usually announced at the end of a 25/26 ep show, for a Gundam show that is supposed to be a sequel to UC Gundam and only have 26 eps for a entire story is pretty unusual, I'm guessing Tomino wanted to have a extension like another season but it did not happen. And we saw how the plot went in the 2nd half of the show... Tomino lamenting on things isn't anything new but he doesn't have depression this time like he did with Victory Gundam, he hasn't done it since then either. Its one thing to blame depression on Victory Gundam but its another thing to say you messed up on the 2nd half of G-Reco. Tomino was also the main writer for G-Reco, so has more claim on the responsibilities as a writer as well as the director. Usually in his other shows, there are more writers but here he was the principle writer.
There were no production problems, Tomino decided to wrote the show like that, he regretted the decision after episode 19, and told that they barely warped out the show, AGE had directions problems, also he stated that he didn't expect people watch G-RECO with logic.

but well its a Gundam show, you can find it here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest...sta/.87449

the sales where apparently ok, just not superior to OO, and the show its not popular as well, you can like it, some will deslike it and try to find reasons to.

i didn't liked the story, i didn't understood maybe i'm too dumb
There's no heart without you
[Image: qZtuz2B.png]

Ah, thank you, my bad on the production problems part on G-Reco. Tomino just messed up on priorities on the show. I do have to give Tomino credit for owning up to his problems on the show. I apologize for over-speculating on the production problems, I can own up to that, lol.