antibiotics online

antibiotics online
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where'd that there Super Robot Wars mechanic come from and why?
This is something I'm making with a particular subject in mind, but honestly if anyone has anything else along the same lines to discuss, that'd be fun.

In short: SRW OE and Z3 changed Seishins/Spirits to start with half your total SP. Then everyone gets at least +5 SP back every turn.

There are a few reasons I can think of for this:

-So you can't clobber stages by spending all your SP in one go immediately at the start.
-If you tend to save all your SP until the end of a stage or when bosses show up, this encourages you to use SP more often since you'll get it back now anyway.
-Maybe saw how the SP Regen skill in some games got used and this is more or less a way of including it by default, since it seemed like it was a braindead Give This To Everyone and Their Mom skill in certain games.

Although of course there's other things that play into all this, like Z3's Tag Tension Commands to further earn back SP (...and Basara's Kooky Hippie Music, but we all knew that).

Does any of that sound right? Which game did it start with, I think it was Neo? Is this good and do you like it, or is it bad and you hate it? Or it's just different and, like, whatever, man?
Accuracy penalty started in A and was refined for Z, has been part of the series since
[Image: bicv1h.png]
you've been staked.
Support attack and defense in SRW Alpha Gaiden.
It's still very basic in Alpha Gaiden, but it added some more strategy to gameplay. I think they added it because they want people to use secondary units in battle too, instead of just bringing the main characters and benching everyone else.

By now, it's already the norm.
(01-18-2017, 02:11 PM)Kicksville Wrote: Does any of that sound right? Which game did it start with, I think it was Neo?

That was Neo.

Also in Neo:  previously, 1 use parts were disposable, you got one use and they were gone forever.  Neo changed that to be one per stage use, which was a welcome change.
X-O Friend ID:  186471287
SRW64: Combination Attack.
SRWGC: Attacking different body parts.
SRW4: having command to your unit in Enemy turns (i know its unthinkable now, it wasn't always that way).
SRW Gaiden Masoukihin: First OG game and high/low Terrain and Elemental effects.
SRWOG: State effect attacks (correct me on this).
SRW2: Story.
Shin SRW: first non main line entry and first stand alone game.
SRW@2: Squad System.
SRW4: Choosing from Multiple Originals.
Shin SRW: first Full non SD SRW.
I do know the perfected twin system is in 1st console OG, but the first twin system is from SRWK or L? I forgot.

SRW Alpha Gaiden: Upgrades includes all weapons instead of just one.
SRWMX: I think it is the first SRW to omit pitiful attacks and just combine them with other attacks. Y'know, no more vulcans, it is now combined with beam saber, or something like that. Or was it Impact?

Speaking of Impact, is it the first SRW with free choosing stages?

Wow, I feel old. lol
(01-20-2017, 03:45 PM)Andy Chan Wrote: I do know the perfected twin system is in 1st console OG, but the first twin system is from SRWK or L? I forgot.

SRW Alpha Gaiden: Upgrades includes all weapons instead of just one.
SRWMX: I think it is the first SRW to omit pitiful attacks and just combine them with other attacks. Y'know, no more vulcans, it is now combined with beam saber, or something like that. Or was it Impact?

Speaking of Impact, is it the first SRW with free choosing stages?

First game with any form of twin system was OGs.  Then OGG.  Then K, but hahahahahaha K's system.

That came from Impact, not MX.  I remember EZ8 amongst other things.  Though 4 and 64 might have used Zambot's Grap Combination first, I know Impact had it.

Compact 1 was the first with free choosing stages and it was also the best at it.
X-O Friend ID:  186471287