antibiotics online

antibiotics online
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I grind in the SRW games?
First of all, HI All!!! I've been an SRW fan (specially OG) for about 15 years now, so I'm happy to see an english speaking forum on it.

I'm playing SRW OG 2nd for the PS3. I've been reading about the possiblity of grinding, which is somthing I would like to do in order to make the game easier (I've been having a lot of 
trouble wiht the bosses).

Can anyone tell me how I would go about doing this? Because I can't tell of anyway of replaying stages.

Thanks for any advice.
Fail.

No, I'm not being all 4chan on you. If you Game Over, you retain any EXP and money obtained during the stage, but this comes at the price of not being able to get the SR point. So if you really need to grind, do that.

But be warned, in some games (mostly older ones and OE) this reacts really poorly with saving in stage. So don't do that.
X-O Friend ID:  186471287
(01-06-2017, 09:11 PM)Mattman324 Wrote: Fail.

No, I'm not being all 4chan on you.  If you Game Over, you retain any EXP and money obtained during the stage, but this comes at the price of not being able to get the SR point.  So if you really need to grind, do that.

But be warned, in some games (mostly older ones and OE) this reacts really poorly with saving in stage.  So don't do that.

Ohhh Ok. I haven't had much trouble yet. But if I get to a stage that I can't beat then I'll simply need to keep trying it to get more money and PP and be more powerfull in order to beat it. Right?

Well thanks for the clarification. I won't be playing older games much. Simply newer ones. But this is encouraging to not-very-good players like myself.

In this particular game, is there any must have skill that I need to buy?
You don't need to Game Over to grind. You can get to level 99 with alot of the pilots in alot of the games by having 2 flying units (or any unit in space) that can use the Refuel command. After you get the SR on a stage that doesn't have a turn limit, leave a weak unit alive and surround him with 4 strong units so he can't move and interfere with your leveling. You then proceed to move Refueler 1 to the side of Refueler 2. You then Refuel R1 using R2. Next turn, you do it again, until R2 is 1 level higher than R1. When that happens, you use R2 to move past R1 and refuel using R1 this time.

There are variants to this, like allowing a strong enemy to hit one of your units and Repair it, thus leveling the pilot(s) of the Repair unit, or even using map weapons to damage your own units to repair them, then if your repair unit is higher level, you Refuel him for more xp. This is your only choice for earlier in the game when you typically only have 1 Refueling unit.

Granted, it takes a long time to get these first 2 pilots to 99... but after that, it's a breeze to level your other guys. You put the 2 level 99 pilots in anything that flies then have them buzz around your newest low level pilots that you've put in the Refueling units. Most versions of SRW will give you 800xp each refuel when doing that to someone so high level, so that's 1.6 levels a refuel.

p.s. The reason it requires flying or in-space units is because you need to use up some Energy with the movement. You can't refuel a unit with full EN and weapons.
[Image: DragenGD.png]
On top of that, if your units ever have a free turn, have them repair and Resupply for extra EXP if they aren't already overleveled. This is especially useful in Neo, where EXP gain is patentedly fucking absurd and you can get Boss Borot and Diana A to level 20 by like stage 7 or 8 (and want to do that, as level ups keep such units viable and not wasting the EXP you absolutely need to funnel into Eldorans), but it's just general good practice.
On the handheld games, J,W,K,L etc... enemy units leveled are based on your average level.
Just level up weaker units and you will be level 99 in no time.
Super Robot Wars HOPE!
Fan-made SRW Game made in RPG Maker MV
Facebook Link: http://www.facebook.com/srwhope
Forum Link: srwg-w.org/showthread.php?tid=53&pid=1026

[Image: qj9al5N.jpg]
X-Omega: 117807236
Play SRW GC (or XO) with their endlessly repeatable sub scenarios.
(01-08-2017, 06:03 PM)Nickless One Wrote: Play SRW GC (or XO) with their endlessly repeatable sub scenarios.

But then every SRW therafter will be shitty.

(I jest, but GC is really good and you should definitely play it.  Or XO if you can, but very few people have a Japanese Xbox 360 I've noticed.)
Thansk for the recomnendation. But I`d rather play newer games. The only exception maybe being SRW J as it was completely translated to english. So ... But other than that so far I haven´t had that many problems with SRW OG 2nd and I'm Loving it!!!
GC isn't that archaic, what with voices, skippable animations and such (XO even less, as it is just a more polished, slightly changed GC, but who has a Japanese XBOX?). I remember there was some sort of project to translate GC going on on 4chan (i even helped on a quote of Kamille), but i haven't the faintest idea on its current status.