antibiotics online

antibiotics online
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel vs Capcom 4
As I understand it, it's not a hard embargo handed down by Disney or something, it's more that they're disinclined from pushing X-Men and Fantastic Four over their many other properties from which they'd be getting more money.

This was from Marvel editor Tom Brevoort:

Quote:
Quote:So I will ask a different question. Why isn't there any X-Men cartoons? Why wasn't there any licensing for DOFP. WHY isn't there Goldball toys or any new X-Men toys? Oh and of course No real X-News at the Cup o Joe panel. Thanks foe your time  

You’re talking about issues involving licensing and animation, and those are questions you’d need to ask to our people that oversee those areas.
I will say two things, though, both of which are pretty self-evident, I think.
1) There are only so many hours in the day, and so many initiatives you can have going at once,. So you need to pick and choose where you want to spend your time and your efforts.
2) If you had two things, and on one you earned 100% of the revenues from the efforts that you put into making it, and the other you earned a much smaller percentage for the same amount of time and effort, you’d be more likely to concentrate more heavily on the first, wouldn’t you?

So it sort of makes sense. This also means, however, there's flexibility: they haven't outright cancelled all the X-books and buried them immediately (the X-Men are too important to just do that outright), and the members of the Fantastic Four are still around in the comics after getting something of a send-off as a team (which they could be very well building up to with X-Men, but we'll see). Either way it's not a matter of going "you cannot use those guys at all" immediately.

It's also worth remembering that this was, to some degree, the case even back during Marvel 3: people were wondering if the line up and look of the characters would be effected by Marvel's priorities at the time, but we still got things like 90's looking Wolverine and Magento, and Capcom's Children of the Atom Sentinel redesign. Apparently Capcom wanted to use Cyclops and Venom, and were disallowed from doing so, meaning it's still guided by what Marvel wants, but clearly there was some flexibility there.

The question, I suppose then, is if they're less flexible now then they were then. I think it helps that the fighting game fanbase has certain expectations, which it seems they are open to adhering to like last time, and that the game would be "Marvel vs Capcom 4", featuring a showcase of Marvel characters that can use the popular ones as leverage to bring attention to the less known ones, like, as before, Iron Fist or Nova. It might be a different story if it was X-Men vs Street Fighter or Fantastic Four vs Rival Schools.
Disney/Marvel is in no rush to make a X-men animated show because they can't cross market it with a movie they can't make. Aside from Guardians of the Galaxy, they don't have anything else airing from the animated division....

They dynamics of Marvel now seem to be different compared to when MvC 3 came out, given the restructuring of Marvel's TV and Movie divisions which have their own rivalries not to mention that Disney doesn't have a games division anymore, they license out to 3rd parties for that.

So we don't exactly know how the character line-up will work compared to MvC 3... I shudder at the inevitable large DLC....
Even back during MvC3's development Marvel was being a little "control freak"-y with stuff like having the final say on the roster and dictating every detail on how certain characters like Dr. Strange looked and behaved.

In the end though it all comes down to how important Capcom thinks it is to have Doom/Magneto/Sentinel/Storm/Wolverine on the roster, since practically every MvC2-3 tourney has at least one of those guys on the team of the top 10 players.
Xnen are gone and focus will be on M U

http://www.polygon.com/2016/11/28/137495...com-4-news

[Image: Autumn-Four.png]

So, if true...less flexible, then.

I'd figure we'd at least see Wolverine, but I suppose we shall see.
Shame about the X-Men/F4 folks all but confirmed to be out. Marvel's Hollywood pissing contest really isn't doing this game's roster any favors. They'll probably force 3/4s of the cast to be MCU characters (which most likely means almost every MCU character from UMvC3 will come back).

Still a bit skeptical this is coming out in 2017, unless the game is 70% done and/or has an unacceptably small roster. If it really is PS4 exclusive that might speed things up too.
(11-29-2016, 03:07 PM)AceWhatever Wrote: Shame about the X-Men/F4 folks all but confirmed to be out. Marvel's Hollywood pissing contest really isn't doing this game's roster any favors. They'll probably force 3/4s of the cast to be MCU characters (which most likely means almost every MCU character from UMvC3 will come back).

Still a bit skeptical this is coming out in 2017, unless the game is 70% done and/or has an unacceptably small roster. If it really is PS4 exclusive that might speed things up too.

Well, blame American copyright system and corporate system for that. This is no like Japan with their crossover games like SRW.
What copyright system? It's the same here as in Japan, Europe, etc. Also, Marvel owns ALL of its licenses and can do whatever they want when it comes to games. Fox simply owns the rights to Xmen and Fantastic Four 8n terms of films. SRW comes down to various like studios, licenses, fees, etc. It's why SRW PVs, opening screens, sites all have long copyright lists l.

If they dont want a specific franchise or character in, it's simply because Marvel doesn't want them in, that's it. There's no other reason aside from a game play standpoint such as how the Fantastic Four.

[Image: Autumn-Four.png]

I hope they add an Inhuman to the roster, preferably Black Bolt.