SRWG
Resonance of Fate 4k/HD Remaster Coming in October (PS4/Steam) - Printable Version

+- SRWG (http://srwg-w.org)
+-- Forum: Video Game Hub (http://srwg-w.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Game Channel (http://srwg-w.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Resonance of Fate 4k/HD Remaster Coming in October (PS4/Steam) (/showthread.php?tid=710)

Resonance of Fate 4k/HD Remaster Coming in October (PS4/Steam) - Andy Chan - 09-18-2018

Also known as End of Eternity:

Confirmed to be released digitally worldwide at October 18th, for PS4 and Steam.
Oh man, I played the hell out of this game back in 2010.
The game was squished by big releases back in March 2010:
- God of War III
- Resonance of Fate
- Yakuza 3
- Final Fantasy XIII

I bought Yakuza 3 and Resonance of Fate, best purchase I've ever made. Maybe I'll dig into this game again for Reanbell goodness and her 200k skirt.

RE: Resonance of Fate 4k/HD Remaster Coming in October (PS4/Steam) - yazi - 09-18-2018

A little surprised Xbone is not getting this either since it was on the 360 too. But then again, I don't think Sega really has much games on the Xbone nowadays either.

UPDATE: Game is coming out on October 8 and is going to be $35. I'm gonna wait for a sale to pick this up. I'm not in a rush because of so many other games that came out lately. Not to mention I also need to shuffle around my hard-drive on PS4, deleting installs on games I already finished with for the time being.

RE: Resonance of Fate 4k/HD Remaster Coming in October (PS4/Steam) - Andy Chan - 09-19-2018

Ach, $35. I was expecting $20.
Since it's in October anyway and I've a bunch lined up for that month (Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Yakuza Kenshiro, SoulCalibur VI, Warriors Orochi 4), and since the game is digital only, I will probably not buy day 1 as well.

RE: Resonance of Fate 4k/HD Remaster Coming in October (PS4/Steam) - Constraint - 09-19-2018

Glad to see this coming to PC. Wanted to check it out. (Now awaiting Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Infinite Undiscovery Wink)

RE: Resonance of Fate 4k/HD Remaster Coming in October (PS4/Steam) - yazi - 09-19-2018

Infinite Undiscovery is mediocre at best... you only control 1 party member (main character) and the plot is pretty boring... the combat isn't bad but the designs are also underwhelming...

But then again, people liked Last Remnant which I don't understand why...

RE: Resonance of Fate 4k/HD Remaster Coming in October (PS4/Steam) - AceWhatever - 09-19-2018

I keep forgetting that EoE is the Japanese name for RoF. It's the only non-Tales RPG I have a Platinum on.

35$ is alot for this game though. The battle system isn't very flexible and has little tolerance for mistakes. Grinding is a huge drag and once you get past the "haha" factor of Xzibit-ing half a dozen scopes and barrels on top of each other, weapon customization is less fun than it should be. The gun stats can feel a bit obtuse (speed and acceleration? Is this a gun or a car?) and there were times when I felt that after all the trouble I went through to deck my guns with parts crafted from rare drops instead of a fully store-bought setup the increase in stats was almost placebo-ish.

RE: Resonance of Fate 4k/HD Remaster Coming in October (PS4/Steam) - Constraint - 09-23-2018

(09-19-2018, 01:19 PM)yazi Wrote: Infinite Undiscovery is mediocre at best... you only control 1 party member (main character) and the plot is pretty boring... the combat isn't bad but the designs are also underwhelming...

Oh damn, I didn't know you were limited to the MC only.

RE: Resonance of Fate 4k/HD Remaster Coming in October (PS4/Steam) - yazi - 09-23-2018

(09-23-2018, 03:31 AM)Constraint Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 01:19 PM)yazi Wrote: Infinite Undiscovery is mediocre at best... you only control 1 party member (main character) and the plot is pretty boring... the combat isn't bad but the designs are also underwhelming...

Oh damn, I didn't know you were limited to the MC only.

Yep, MC only. There is a link system to your other party members for bonus things and combat moves. Its also a very big drag running everywhere without a fast travel system...