SRWG
The SRX team and what they represent to me - Printable Version

+- SRWG (http://srwg-w.org)
+-- Forum: Video Game Hub (http://srwg-w.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Super Robot Wars (http://srwg-w.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: The SRX team and what they represent to me (/showthread.php?tid=690)

The SRX team and what they represent to me - WildeHopps_Shipper - 07-24-2018

To me, if the Grungust and Huckebein represent Super and Real Robots solo, then the SRX and its R-series components would have represented Super and Real Robots in groups.

Some of the first mecha teams from the 70s were primarily, if not all the time, combining mecha (except for Blocker Gundan IV Machine Blaster at the time), and the two that popularized the five-man band combining mecha, at least in Japan, include Combattler V and Voltes V.  As for western combining mecha, we got Voltron and the Megazord, representing five-piece combining mecha at their best, at least for us North Americans.

But then we transition over from the Super Robot genre to the Real Robot genre, where all of a sudden, from Gundam to Macross to VOTOMS, mecha teams no longer have any ability to combine with each other.  Instead, they just specialize in different weapons, armor, and equipment to help compliment each other, e.g. melee, sniping, siege, recon, and engineering/support.  For example, between 2011 and 2013, we eventually got Majestic Prince's Team Rabbits AHSMB units, all of them real robots, yet consisting of two melee units, a radar unit, a high-speed siege unit, and a sniper unit.

And that's what the SRX unit and its individual R-series components would have represented in Shin Super Robot Wars and Super Robot Wars Alpha, as well as just the SRW series as a whole.  As the real robot R-series units, the three of them specialized in different combat roles based on their weapons and armor, including a transforming melee unit, a siege artillery unit, and a sniper support unit.  But once they combine with each other to form the SRX, that's when they go from three real robots to one full-on combining super robot.

RE: The SRX team and what they represent to me - Andy Chan - 07-25-2018

Technically, Voltron and Megazord are from Japan.

But yeah, SRX team are an interesting bunch. A group of real robot combined into Super Robot.
I've only seen them several times, one in
[Image: Gundam_tryon_3.jpg]
and the other in
[Image: bann25180_0_1522714874.jpg]
I'm not sure if this one is a super, tho. XD

RE: The SRX team and what they represent to me - Vincent - 07-30-2018

What is that robot in the first image? @Andy

RE: The SRX team and what they represent to me - Mattman324 - 07-30-2018

(07-25-2018, 01:48 PM)Andy Chan Wrote: A group of real robot combined into Super Robot.

Also Daltanius, which Tryon is partly based on, Live Robo, Daiohja, and Z-Mind.

RE: The SRX team and what they represent to me - Andy Chan - 07-30-2018

@Vincent: Tryon 3, from Gundam Build Fighters Try

RE: The SRX team and what they represent to me - Constraint - 07-30-2018

Would love to see Daltanius return to the series at least one more time.

RE: The SRX team and what they represent to me - WildeHopps_Shipper - 08-01-2018

(07-25-2018, 01:48 PM)Andy Chan Wrote: Technically, Voltron and Megazord are from Japan.

But yeah, SRX team are an interesting bunch. A group of real robot combined into Super Robot.
I've only seen them several times, one in
[Image: Gundam_tryon_3.jpg]
and the other in
[Image: bann25180_0_1522714874.jpg]
I'm not sure if this one is a super, tho. XD

So the SD Gunpla that combined itself with the other SD Gunpla.  What is it called?  What are the components?  Was the Gunpla from Gundam Build Divers?  Which force uses that thing?

RE: The SRX team and what they represent to me - Andy Chan - 08-01-2018

^Super Shock Gundam. It consist of ..
[Image: mini-pla-gundam-build-divers-super-shock...3%2529.jpg]
and something in the middle,.. Shock Gundam maybe.

Yes, it was from GBD, from Ayame's ex-Force.