SRWG
Yakuza Series General Thread - Printable Version

+- SRWG (http://srwg-w.org)
+-- Forum: Video Game Hub (http://srwg-w.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Game Channel (http://srwg-w.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Yakuza Series General Thread (/showthread.php?tid=648)

Yakuza Series General Thread - yazi - 06-12-2018

I thought about making a general overall Yakuza thread rather than multiple threads about specific games.

Yakuza 0 and Kiwami are confirmed to be coming to PC later this year. 0 is coming to PC this August. Valkyria 4 is also coming to PC too although no surprise for that one.

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/yakuza-0-yakuza-kiwami-and-valkyria-chronicles-4-coming-to-pc

RE: Yakuza Series General Thread - Vincent - 06-12-2018

Told ya, TOLD YA, T O L D Y A

Whats next? SRW!!

RE: Yakuza Series General Thread - yazi - 06-12-2018

(06-12-2018, 07:18 AM)Vincent Wrote: Told ya, TOLD YA, T O L D  Y A

Whats next? SRW!!

Uh, no.

Sega has mentioned a number of times they are interested in bringing more of their games to PC. They are pretty active in bringing in their games to PC and publish games to PC themselves. This is not out of left field for Sega.

SRW has nothing to do with this. Those are extremely niche games. Plus licensing for SRW is a very expensive nightmare. Bandai is able to bypass that by putting english subs on a Asian release on consoles. Bringing SRW for PC would mean to license and localize it which will NEVER happen, it is far too expensive to do, and not worth it for those costs.

RE: Yakuza Series General Thread - Vincent - 06-12-2018

Keep saying NEVER till it happen.

Yeah... don't compare apples and oranges. Both are completely different situations. Unless its OG, a regular SRW will not be localized. I'm putting my basis in reality here.

RE: Yakuza Series General Thread - Top Nep - 06-12-2018

Pretty much. It's literally impossible to because the licensing rights would be astronomical if any of the shows rights are licensed to different companies, where as in Japan where usually the majority of the rights are all owned by really just 3 or 4 major companies, most of which are sunrise.

Especially even more so for 2 reasons

1: Asia English versions are 90% cheaper to produce and people who really want them will buy them. Bandai and other japanese developers have all realized this after the release of DOAX3 Marie Rose where the game immediately destroyed and smashed all sales records for a single game in the Play-Asia's history. And that's just for a game that was 70% based on an old one from 10 years ago. ANd Since then the amount of Asia-English titles churning out has hugely increased. Though one downside is that because of Play-Asia's tactical advange of being located in Hong-kong they've basically monopolized the sale of Asia English titles.

2:....It's SRW. I love this franchise and all, but it's one of the most niche game series that will only ever appeal to a certain demographic, a SMALL demographic of western players. PA and B.B. Studio itself have even outright said that the majority of the Asia ENglish sales have been to the Asia regions while sales in the western countries have all been pretty low.

RE: Yakuza Series General Thread - Constraint - 06-12-2018

(06-12-2018, 07:39 AM)yazi Wrote: Yeah... don't compare apples and oranges. Both are completely different situations. Unless its OG, a regular SRW will not be localized. I'm putting my basis in reality here.

The "never say never" saying has occurred consistently in reality. It may be a licensing nightmare but it isn't impossible.

If it happens I'll happily admit defeat, but until proven otherwise that is the situation at hand here.

But enough of SRW candyland situation, back to the main topic of YAKUZA series.

RE: Yakuza Series General Thread - Andy Chan - 06-12-2018

Yeah, I've been wondering why a Yakuza thread is discussing SRW. XD