SRWG
What Movie you just watched? - Printable Version

+- SRWG (http://srwg-w.org)
+-- Forum: Initialized Visual Reception (http://srwg-w.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: The Nickelodeon (http://srwg-w.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: What Movie you just watched? (/showthread.php?tid=417)

What Movie you just watched? - Andy Chan - 09-04-2017

This thread is kinda like "What Games are you playing" thread, but with movies instead. And since movies are a one time watch thingy, I figure a general discussion thread would be fun to have.

I'll start.

I just watched Baby Driver.
This movie is surprisingly fun to watch. Every scene is coreographed to the sound of the music, down to the beats and stuffs. Awesome stuffs, you have to watch it on the big screen or have a home theatre with surround sound to have it at the best.

And then I watched Netflix's Death Note. Big mistake.
For one, Light is not that smart. And then that L, oh that's a horrible L.
It's like watching a Final Destination movie. Gore everywhere!
I think Death Note 2015 (The japanese live action TV Series) is much much better than this one.
Go binge watch that instead.

RE: What Movie you just watched? - Garou - 09-04-2017

For the last few days, I watched:
Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders
The Lego Batman Movie
Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
Resident Evil: Vendetta
Get Out
The Great Wall
7 Days in Hell
Tour de Pharmacy
Cooties
Kong: Skull Island
Keanu
Ghost in the Shell
King Arthur: The Legend of the Sword
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
The Mummy
Warlock
The eight Harry Potter films

RE: What Movie you just watched? - Andy Chan - 09-12-2017

Watched Stephen King's IT (2017)
While Tim Curry's performance was very memorable back in the 90's, this Pennywise is far more evil than he ever was. I also find it amusing that one of the kids is the cast from Stranger Things. This is definitely a good horror flick to watch this year. For the book reader or those who watched the 1990's one, the remake made some alterations to the story, so you'll probably find something you not expecting.

I recommend it to horror fans.

RE: What Movie you just watched? - Stripe - 09-12-2017

Haven't been watching movies as much as I use to. I did finally watch Sing via Netflix last week though. I enjoyed it and recommend it to folks who like the genre. I need to watch Passengers though I had it spoiled for myself by confirming with a friend who'd seen it about my conclusions having seen just the trailer.

RE: What Movie you just watched? - thebigb - 09-12-2017

According to Netflix, these have been the last few films, I've watched.

Doctor Strange : (Re-watch, it's ok)
The Spy Next Door : (was ok)
Edge of Tomorrow : (Re-watch, my favorite anime film)
Moana : (was better than I expected)
Death Note : (......................... why?)
Naked : (Pretty good)
Ratatouille : (Re-watch, it's good)
The Lego Movie : (This was great)
Bolt : (it's good)
Suicide Squad : ( I liked it, but I didn't like it)

Can't remember the last film I watched in the theaters, I think it was Spiderman Homecoming.

(09-04-2017, 04:40 PM)Andy Chan Wrote: And then I watched Netflix's Death Note. Big mistake.
For one, Light is not that smart. And then that L, oh that's a horrible L.

I think Death Note 2015 (The japanese live action TV Series) is much much better than this one.
Go binge watch that instead.

Well, Light Turner is smarter than you. But that doesn't mean anything.. stupid Light Turner, you were so dumb.
I liked L, his character was fun to watch he was anime L. Until the breakdown..... and L was no longer L.

Best version of Death Note is the 2006 movies, I prefer it to the anime and manga.

I haven't watched the live action TV Series, I didn't think it would be good. I'll just add it to my watch list.

RE: What Movie you just watched? - Oggy Ten - 09-15-2017

I think my most recent movie was months ago when I rewatched Trek: First Contact haha

RE: What Movie you just watched? - Garou - 09-24-2017

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Batman and Harley Quinn
Finding Dory
Despicable Me 3
Neko Zamurai

RE: What Movie you just watched? - Andy Chan - 09-24-2017

Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

It's a very worthy sequel of Kingsman. But why do I think Princess T looked like Claire Danes? But hey, Claire Danes is cuter. Big Grin

RE: What Movie you just watched? - Hypereia - 10-11-2017

Blade Runner 2049

Wow, this movie was all that I hoped it would be. The cinematography, the effects, lightning, soundtrack - it all just melded together. The cast was perfect in this film.

The movie can stand alone without seeing the first, but highly suggest you watch the first for the full effect.

I give it a 10/10.