SRWG
SRW Gaiden: The Lord of Elemental Commentary - Printable Version

+- SRWG (http://srwg-w.org)
+-- Forum: Video Game Hub (http://srwg-w.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Super Robot Wars (http://srwg-w.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: SRW Gaiden: The Lord of Elemental Commentary (/showthread.php?tid=211)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Z3 Jigoku-hen Commentary - Constraint - 07-13-2018

Scenario 27: The Path of Tears (Investigate Neo Zeon Route)

Some weird shit goes on with Mikage and Kagura. The former is psychotic and seems to have abused Kagura. We face another angel this round and this time the EVAs are upgraded. It shouldn't be a difficult encounter. Although I do hope Rei gets a new attack soon. It seems lacking. Ah shit, I forgot to get the easy ass destiny point. Lol. Not like I'll miss out on anything significant if I don't choose the Defy Destiny route. Yeah, Rei really needs more attacks now that I saw how many Asuka had. Evangelion 02 is a great addition to the team. Now where's my Gunbuster? Damn it Banpresto. It's a crime to withold Gunbuster for this long. The Genion GAI theme is incredible except we can't use GAI yet and even if we do, it's limited for one turn lmao. I've gotta give credit where credit is due. Banpresto is probably the one of top dogs in producing original battle themes so damn consistently it's crazy. Also we might possibly advance some of the actual plot now that we're done with the route split. Maybe Gadlight can show up because I want to hear his theme.

[Image: tTDF5OD.png]

RE: Z3 Jigoku-hen Commentary - Nickless One - 07-13-2018

(07-13-2018, 02:31 PM)Constraint Wrote: Scenario 27: The Path of Tears (Investigate Neo Zeon Route)

Some weird shit goes on with Mikage and Kagura. The former is psychotic and seems to have abused Kagura. We face another angel this round and this time the EVAs are upgraded. It shouldn't be a difficult encounter. Although I do hope Rei gets a new attack soon. It seems lacking. Ah shit, I forgot to get the easy ass destiny point. Lol. Not like I'll miss out on anything significant if I don't choose the Defy Destiny route. Yeah, Rei really needs more attacks now that I saw how many Asuka had.

What about 
Spoiler Show
playable Zeus (also, some mix'n'match series climaxes instead of series ending->s.e.->s.e.->etc.)?
And Rei is just a tank here, sorry (and for the foreseeable future, or at least until 4.00 finally materializes, and even then i wouldn't really bet on her chances).

RE: Z3 Jigoku-hen Commentary - Mattman324 - 07-14-2018

But Gunbuster is always held off to the thirties or later.

(07-13-2018, 04:50 PM)Nickless One Wrote: And Rei is just a tank here, sorry (and for the foreseeable future, or at least until 4.00 finally materializes, and even then i wouldn't really bet on her chances).

V finally gave her a new move. It was a fucking miracle, she could do damage, or, well, "do anything that isn't Shield + AT Field shenanigans".

RE: Z3 Jigoku-hen Commentary - Constraint - 07-14-2018

Scenario 28: The Poetry of Darkness

Wait.. Jin died? Also, Analotta chick and OG baddies have us surrounded while Hibiki and Aquarion crew are buried alive for who knows what. Crazy crew. This is so damn weird. Asuka's ALL attack doesn't trigger a dynamic kill if it's used on a single unit. Since when did that start happening? It's another stage where we fight against an OG villain that's piloting a grunt unit. I've lost all hope on original bad ass scenes for 3.1. I think we've unlocked GAI for Genion. Actually, we didn't. I checked. Also the Aquarion EVOL has barely any attacks. I had expected it to have a bajillion attacks what with how many damn pilots it has. Also we get a peek at Roger for a brief moment in a haggard appearance strolling into a bar occupied by Gadlight and Analotta. Whether it's intentional or not, who knows.

[Image: AmcHEmr.jpg?1]
Max's 28th child. 

RE: Z3 Jigoku-hen Commentary - Mattman324 - 07-14-2018

(07-14-2018, 08:46 AM)Constraint Wrote: Asuka's ALL attack doesn't trigger a dynamic kill if it's used on a single unit. Since when did that start happening?

Z1, essentially, it’s the sequel to “attacks with multiple variations where only one or two have a DK” and Z liked that.

Quote:I think we've unlocked GAI for Genion. Actually, we didn't. I checked.

For plot reasons, Gai is locked to one turn per stage in Z3-1 until fairly late. It’s still pretty damn strong so trigger it before you kill a boss.

Quote:Also the Aquarion EVOL has barely any attacks. I had expected it to have a bajillion attacks what with how many damn pilots it has.

EVOL has like six or seven attacks per form when it unlocks all of its pilots and abilities, but like the original it doesn’t start with most of those. Fortunately, if you Defy Destiny, they all end up solid later on. If you don’t, well, goodbye Spada, good luck doing anything with Shrade dead.

RE: Z3 Jigoku-hen Commentary - yazi - 07-14-2018

Even in the anime, all 3 forms of EVOL have quite fewer attacks than OG Aquarion... Spada is the most useless of the 3.

RE: Z3 Jigoku-hen Commentary - Constraint - 07-15-2018

Scenario 29: The Beginning of Summer

Traia randomly pops out (from Z2) - a character that everyone may have forgotten about because Banpresto liked to stretch out the Z story to infinite. There isn't much to comment about for this stage other than that Gauron has a new mech. Speaking of which, did we erase the dimensional beasts existence in Z2? It's been so damn long I forgot what happened. The plot needs to start moving because we're about to hit the halfway mark soon. Come on Banpresto, you couldn't have thrown us a bone and give us at least one of Setsuko/Rand/Crowe trio to accompany my lonesome originals?

[Image: XE8CLTx.png]
Give this man his Nu Gundam.

Scenario 30: Into the Blue

Lol Gauron is being watched over by Shakko and Trowa. Whether his surrender from the previous battle was intentional or not.. I'm voting for the former. Well, what do you know. I was right. Does anyone know how the Tuatha De Danaan will get to be used in space stages? Or if at all? I love how this game randomly assigns one of the battleships you have in your repertoire and manually lets you assign 2 choices. Wtf is the point? Just let me manually assign the 3 battleships if it's not plot-related. So am I to assume that leveling up the Size Difference skill is commensurate to the size ranks? If the unit is 1L, do I just need to level it up once to match 2L or does it start all the way from the bottom? cause if that's so, then that's incredibly dumb. I'm also wondering how the ARX-7 can hover above water but Amuro and Shinn can't? Jigoku-hen might be my least favorite entry of the Z series. Nothing is happening!!!

[Image: yRzAB5Q.png]
The father of the Inazuma kick.

RE: Z3 Jigoku-hen Commentary - Nickless One - 07-15-2018

(07-15-2018, 05:50 AM)Constraint Wrote: Scenario 29: The Beginning of Summer
Come on Banpresto, you couldn't have thrown us a bone and give us at least one of Setsuko/Rand/Crowe trio to accompany my lonesome originals?

Scenario 30: Into the Blue

Does anyone know how the Tuatha De Danaan will get to be used in space stages? Or if at all? So am I to assume that leveling up the Size Difference skill is commensurate to the size ranks? If the unit is 1L, do I just need to level it up once to match 2L or does it start all the way from the bottom? cause if that's so, then that's incredibly dumb. Jigoku-hen might be my least favorite entry of the Z series. Nothing is happening!!!

Worry not, in Z3-2 they are early joiners (even Gunbuster is),with just Crowe joining a little later; you'll still have him for two thirds of the game, though. The dimension beast creator and controller was defeated but i vaguely remember stragglers where mentioned in the endings, with Crowe and Esther keeping their job; could be wrong, though. No DM in this game though.

The Tuatha De Danann will be modified for space use,though the animations will not until Z3-2. " The sea of space is my sea " indeed (from Capt.Harlock's opening).

The Size Difference skill is commensurate to size. Most best attacks have "remove size penalties", though, so it isn't that useful (you'll still take increased damage, so the only point is having lesser attacks be useful more often or having slightly increased damage early on)

You are pretty much near the " the story starts moving " point; i wouldn't says nothing happened before, as i found the story and interactions pretty funny, but i'd imagine using a plot guide removes most of it.
My favorites where
-Camille revealing the rather unflattering start to his career during a Fumoffu stage (Camille is a man's name ...), being berated for it by Fa, then asking not to say anything to Shin
-A random guy from Daiguard during a public exercitation who kept spouting 0079 Char's quotes with Amuro and Camille looking on baffled
-Bonta-Hiiro and Bonta-Chirico
-poor Hibiki as a sub-contracted minder of Sousuke because of Kaname and all the shenanigans that this situation engenders
It's also pretty full of interesting, sometime subtle foreshadowing.

RE: Z3 Jigoku-hen Commentary - yazi - 07-15-2018

Yeah, Z3-1 has the BETTER and more light hearted character interactions while Z3-2 is more focused on the overall plot compared to part 1. Its like how Z2-1 has more character interactions over Z2-2. FMP especially has some really good interactions with the cast. Hibiki has a running gag with Setsuna, Heero, Chirico and Sousuke in where they are named the SULLEN 5.

RE: Z3 Jigoku-hen Commentary - thebigb - 07-15-2018

At least the Plot isn't a mess in Z3.1.

In Most SRW Games more light-hearted character interactions happen's at the start of the game and get more plot focuses towards the end.